Revenue Maximisation Tool
Our Revenue Maximisation Tool seeks to determine if a distribution company’s revenues can be increased by increasing the energisation of the most “profitable” feeders. More precisely, the revenue/kWh for each feeder is different depending on the mix of customers and distribution losses. Essentially, our Revenue Maximisation Tool does the following:
- Allocate all customers to feeders broken down by metered/ unmetered and by “estates”/ “townships”;
- Estimate the aggregate technical, commercial and collection (ATC&C) losses for each of these groups;
- Use regulated electricity tariffs to calculate cash/kWh and revenue/kWh for each feeder;
- Use feeder loads by time of day to identify peak, mid-peak and off-peak times; and
- Prioritise feeders for energisation at peak, mid-peak and off-peak times.