Policy and Regulatory Frameworks
We support public sector clients, including government bodies and regulators, to develop the regulatory frameworks to deliver policy targets – including objectives for private sector participation, renewable energy and energy access.
We also support our private sector clients, including utilities and distribution companies, in meeting the requirements of national and regional regulation and managing the impacts of regulatory change.
Key services in this area:
- The regulatory framework, including licences, market rules, network codes, connection agreements, standards and performance contracts.
- Licensing and regulatory approvals and permitting.
- Funds and Policy Instruments: formulation, design, implementation, management, levies and subsidies.
- Support mechanisms for renewable energy and energy efficiency, such as feed-in tariffs, standard power purchase agreements, contracts for differences and green certificates.
- Power purchase agreements and gas supply agreements.
- Tariff calculations, reviews and submissions.
- Asset valuation.
- Regulatory impact assessments, managing regulatory change, regulatory monitoring and support.
- Support to the planning process.
- Assistance in discussions with the regulator.