Energy Demand Study for Ikeja Electricity
Advisors on regulatory, tariff, commercial and power market matters since 2014. We have supported the management team in tariff renegotiation and regulatory matters. We have carried out Energy Demand Studies for on-grid and off-grid areas.
- Demand study for energy and for capacity through to 2021
- Energy demand model constructed using network data for feeder loads, adjusted for load shedding
- New connections, population growth and per capita consumption modelled using econometric data.
- Projections of currently connected demand carried out on a feeder by feeder level across different voltages considering customer types, usage profiles, rates of new connections to serve the un-electrified population, population growth and per capita consumption modelled using econometric data.
- The study has quantified current network demand from residential/industrial/commercial customers and by developing a structural model for time series forecasting estimate the underlying level of demand that could be served if supply were unconstrained and networks were reinforced.
- The results of these studies allow the client to optimize their network investment and technical and non-technical loss reduction plans.