Energy Access and Off-Grid Electrification
Without energy, there is no development. We help policy-makers to develop robust policies that deliver meaningful energy access and carry out economic analysis of various electrification options, including network expansion, mini-grids and other off-grid energy solutions. We have expertise in addressing structural, regulatory and market barriers to private sector mini-grids.
Key services in this area:
- Economic analysis of electrification options.
- Assessment of structural, regulatory and market barriers to mini-grid development.
- Energy Demand Studies for on-grid and off-grid areas.
- Commercial and regulatory frameworks for off-grid solutions.
- Feasibility studies for mini-grids.
- Identification of distribution network suitable for islanding as mini-grids.
- Developing investment strategy for mini-grid financiers.
- Tariff models for mini-grids.
- Development of standardised tariff structures.
- Review of external tariff submissions.