EC Country Reports
The 2014 Benchmarking Exercise focused on remaining obstacles in making the IEM work and at the same time take stock of the progress made since 2012. The consultant's benchmarking report contained 28 Country Reports (one for each Member State), covering the following issues:
- Wholesale and Retail market functioning.
- Regulatory framework (unbundling, NRA).
- Security of Supply (both in gas and electricity).
- State intervention in the energy sector.
- Investment in energy infrastructure.
- Consumer protection and empowerment.
The country reports were factual in nature and were enhanced by the consultant with suggestions for policy recommendations addressing the most pressing national obstacles in the way to a functioning market.