Capacity Building Workshops on Power Infrastructure Resource Mobilisation
EMRC designed and delivered a series of three day training workshops for high level decision makers within Governments and Regulators to enhance their knowledge of available tools and techniques for risk identification, assessment and allocation, and improve skills in project finance packaging and mobilisation plans. The workshops covered the following key areas:
- All potential sources of funding both regional and global.
- The critical relevance of risk identification and a detailed knowledge of risk mitigation as understood and practiced in the global power sector.
- Project packaging to reduce perceived risk and increase bankability.
- Importance of international support including bilateral and multilateral financial institutions.
- The options for, and requirements of, private sector financing.
- The workshops were delivered to two separate groups of 35 participants in Kenya and Tanzania.