Support To Distribution Companies
EMRC has advised Distribution Companies in Nigeria on regulatory, tariff, commercial and power market matters since 2013. We have supported the management teams in tariff renegotiation, contracting arrangements, incentive regulation and support in analysing market bills.
- Business Performance: Enabling improvements in business performance drawing on MRC Group team’s extensive experience.
- Risk Review and Horizon Watch: Continued monthly monitoring and reporting on the business risks arising from the market, the regulatory environment and the transaction documents.
- Regulatory and Tariff Analysis: including the calculation of cost reflective tariffs.
- MO/ NBET invoices: Support in analysis of Bills (MO/NBET), including monthly checks, preparation of the historical cumulative position, including interpretation of the rules, identifying Bill errors, imbalance payments etc.
- Capacity Building: Utilizing MRC Group’s experienced team to help build the capacity of the internal teams.
- We have also supported them in assessing options for mini-grids and off-grid electrification.